K2 Off Road Caravan Specialist – Warranty Information
All the illustrations and descriptive matter in the handbook are intended to give a general idea of the caravan. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development, may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in the handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand.
Dealers are not agents of K2 and have no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
A K2 caravan has two warranties:
K2 Fixtures and Fittings Warranty
For all parts or fittings of the caravan other than the body shell, K2 will repair (or at it’s option, replace) any defective parts or fittings for 5 years from the date of purchase, subject to conditions, terms and exclusions below.
K2 Body Shell Warranty
For the body shell, K2 will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the body shell for 5 years from the date of purchase, subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
K2 Terms and Conditions
- The customer must ensure that the caravan has had an annual service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase. In order to preserve:
- The fixtures and fittings warranty, the fifth annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 60 month period from the original date of purchase;
- The body shell warranty, the fifth annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 60 month period from the original date of purchase;
- If the caravan has not had its annual service, in accordance with the terms of this handbook, then K2 will not be obliged to perform any work under the applicable warranties. Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that annual services have been carried out.
- The annual service must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. The customer will be responsible for any charges made for an annual service. If the annual service is carried out by an authorised K2 Service Centre then K2 warrants that the annual service has been carried out correctly. If the annual service is carried out by an unauthorised repairer or service centre, K2 will assume that the annual service has not been carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook, and/or work has been carried out on your caravan that is defective or faulty, then K2 will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective annual service).
- All new caravans must be registered with K2 within 6 weeks of purchase.
- The benefit of the K2 Fixtures and Fittings Warranty and K2 Body Shell Warranty may be transferred to a new owner if the caravan is re-sold, provided that the caravan has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this handbook, and details of the change of ownership have been supplied to K2 using the change of ownership form set out in this handbook, as soon as reasonably practicable after change of ownership.
- If any repairs are identified as being necessary during an annual service or otherwise, K2 will only pay for Warranty work performed by an authorised K2 Service Centre. The caravan must be made available to an authorised K2 Service Centre within 6 weeks of the date the repair was identified for the work to be carried out. The cost of transporting, towing or moving the caravan by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
- The K2 Fixtures and Fittings Warranty and the K2 Body Shell Warranty apply to caravans purchased and used primarily within the UK and Europe.
- The K2 Body Shell Warranty covers any defect with the panels and seams of the caravan. This includes body leaks, delamination of panels or floor, water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints.
- The K2 Fixtures and Fittings Warranty will cover in the first 60 months any defect other than those specified in the Exclusions below.
- In the first 5 years of the K2 Fixtures and Fittings Warranty, the warranty will only cover any defect with the following components:
- Chassis Components: all chassis members, including corner steadies, overrun device, axle and braking system (excluding brake drums and shoes)
- Electrical System: PSU, battery charger, electric control panel and interior lighting units (excluding bulbs).
- Water System: water heater, fresh water tank, water pump, water gauges, taps and shower head.
- Cooker: the cooker unit including grill, oven, burners, igniter and flame failure device.
- Refrigerator: door seal condenser, 12V heater elements,
- Cassette Toilet: the cassette toilet (excluding seals, valves and glands).
- Heating System: thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure device and igniter (excluding ducting and fittings).
- Windows: the functionality of the opening and closing system (stays, handles and catches) and a warranty against the cracking of the acrylic. Excludes fading.
- Upholstery: zips, seams and colour fastness.
- Alloy wheels: any defect resulting in a failure of the wheel/s up to and including 24 months from date of purchase, this excludes wear and tear, (tyres & valves excluded).
In the first 5 years Warranty, any defect specified in the Exclusions will not be covered.
K2 shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defect related to or arising from the following:
- The failure of a component for reasons of fair wear and tear;
- Damage resulting from freezing, fire, overheating or accidents (whether caused by the user or a third party);
- Misuse of any component;
- Normal deterioration, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or harmful bodies, lack of servicing or negligence of any person other than K2 which causes stoppage of or impairment to the function of any component of the caravan;
- Replacement of parts which have reached the end of their effective working life because of age and/or usage;
- Cleaning or adjustment of any assemblies;
- Cosmetic finishes to kitchen sinks, cooker tops, vanity units, shower trays.
- Damage caused by any abrasive cleaners
- Issues related to condensation in normal use;
- Routine maintenance items which are part of the annual service including brake shoes, one shot nuts, lubricants, AKS pads, rubber gas hose, the cleaning of the heater and fridge flues, the replacement of gas jets, the resealing and/ or replacement of shower room sealant, and the adjustment and lubrication of locks.
K2 shall not be liable under the K2 Fixtures and Fittings warranty and K2 Body Shell warranty, if the Caravan has been neglected, misused, modified or used for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced. The caravan will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been serviced and maintained as stated in this handbook or any repairs being identified as necessary at an annual service or by a K2 Service Centre have not been carried out in a reasonable time.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. These warranties do not affect your legal rights.
The name and address of the Warranty provider is:
K2 Off-Road Caravan Specialist,
To make a claim under this warranty, contact the dealer. If this is not possible then contact the K2 Customer Care Department on 01522 304335 or firstname.lastname@example.org